Emerald is seeking a Technical Producer, working locally in New York, who has experience in live production, design, and technical systems. Advertising Week events are multi-day thought leadership conferences featuring dozens of speakers from the spheres of entertainment, marketing, tech, advertising and more. All stages feature both an in-person and globally streamed audience. All flagship event venues also feature multiple interactive and hospitality-based sponsor activations, lounge spaces, and other experiences, as well as off-site special events – a festival of ideas where innovators meet.
This position will also be required to travel outside of the US up to 6x per year for on-site production management at Advertising Week events. (Passport required)
*Candidates located in NYC, London, or LA are given first preference given proximity to specific event timezones.
In support of production design / experiential:
- Serve as Activation Manager for all Flagship events; keping regular contact with Account Management team, attending all weekly partnership calls with live accounts, and tracking contract obligations to site fulfillment
- Draw scale site plans and manage 3D scout/render plans from any supporting design team; manage live site plans with current scenic, furniture, branding choices and interface with local Operations/Production management teams for permit plan integration
- During installation, live event, and load out remain point-of-contact for inbound agencies, brands, production companies and work closely with local Production Manager to ensure fulfillment and design spec
In support of procurement and global operations:
- Manage RFP and multiple vendor bid processes during pre-production; ensure department approved templates, scopes of work, and budgets are adhered in seeking proposals, and track all inbound bids in common document for approval
- Track Critical Path / Operations calendar for impending event deadlines and collaborate across departments to inform/track intersecting event deadlines on Master Schedule
- Track global procurement comparisons and collaborate with department head for cross-market budget forecast and post-event financial metrics
- Research, bid, and secure staff accommodations in global event markets; collaborate with department head and travel provider to track staff flights, and identify efficiencies for staff and cargo logistics
- Proven experience in agency, tourism, Live Entertainment or festival environments preferred
- Experience with production/tour management
- Proficiency in site management, surveying, drafting, project budgeting
- Strong interpersonal and digital communication skills
- Production Account Experience preferred
- CAD experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) also a plus.
To support our commitment to provide a healthy and safe work environment we require all of our team members to have received the COVID-19 vaccine. We utilize CLEAR as our verification partner.
Emerald’s talented and experienced teams grow our customers’ businesses 365 days a year with products that create connections, deliver content, and drive commerce. We produce over 140 annual events, create and deliver content through print and digital channels, and power commerce through our seamlessly integrated in-person and digital platforms and channels. For more information, please visit http://www.emeraldx.com.
At Emerald, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive community. We actively recruit and champion candidates who bring new perspectives from varied professional backgrounds and experiences, and we are intentional about ensuring a positive hiring experience for everyone. Our job postings don’t contain experience inflation, and most don’t require college degrees. Instead, they’re crafted to focus on outcomes and transferable experiences that are assessed in a structured interview process carried out by trained hiring teams.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Target Compensation: $80,000- $100,000 (Bonus Eligible)
Please note that this range reflects a reasonable estimate of the target compensation for this position. This range may ultimately vary based on a candidate’s qualifications and may be higher where required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive benefits package designed to strengthen our employees’ physical and mental health, including unlimited vacation for exempt employees, flexible working locations, 401(k) plan with a company match, medical/dental/vision coverage with inclusive provisions including transgender services and fertility benefits, parental and caregiver leave, dependent, commuter and FSA benefits, professional development programs like Toastmasters, and mental wellness tools such as the Headspace app and weekly guided meditation programs.
If you need accommodation in our application process or have questions about our posted salary range, please email our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]