Store - ITHACA, NY
For nearly 50 years, Michaels has been the destination where Makers get inspired, learn, shop, and create. We strive to cultivate an inclusive shopping environment for all Makers and work environment for all Team Members, providing a place of belonging and empowering everyone to bring their creative dreams to life. At Michaels, every Team Member is encouraged to hone their craft with opportunities for personal and professional growth. From our Stores and Distribution Centers to Artistree and our Support Center, our best-in-class team is passionate about leaving the world a better, more creative place by contributing to every “make”.
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.Lead and coach a team of framers who focus on building customer relationships while creating a framing solution for their art. Drive custom framing sales. Assist customers in creating a memorable framing solution for their art.
- Assist Store Manager in leading and managing adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Company programs to ensure compliance to applicable laws and requirements; ensure execution of Company policies and standards; hold team accountable for store conditions and results
- Develop and coach the team selling behaviors
- Leads the delivery of high-quality custom framing solutions to our customers on time by planning workload in partnership with the Store Manager
- Achieve your KPI’s and manage the framing team to achieve their role KPI’s
- Review sales and production workload and build plans and sales floor time for networking.
- Manage and execute the inventory management processes as assigned
- Manage and execute shrink and safety programs.
- Serve as Manager on Duty (MOD)
- Assist with interviewing, on-boarding, coaching, observing and training of new Team members; support with Talent Development activities; participate in Performance Mgmt. activities of your team; utilize the leadership competencies for continued self-development
- Partners with MOD’s daily on the expectations of framing and other framers.
- Interacts with others in an accepting and respectful manner; remains positive and respectful, even in difficult situations; promotes commitment to the organization’s vision and values; projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others
- Participate in the truck un-load and stocking processes to ensure truck standards are followed and completed within budget
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Company programs and ensure a safe environment
- Acknowledge customers, help locate product and provide solutions
- Assist with Omni channel processes
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Type of experience the job requires
- Basic computer skills
Preferred Type of experience the job requires
- Previous custom framing experience is preferred
- Retail management experience
- Experience leading a sales team
- Regular bending, lifting, carrying, reaching and stretching
- Ability to move throughout the store
- Ability to remain standing for long periods of time
- Lifting heavy boxes and frames and accessing high shelves by ladder or similar equipment
- If you need help performing these functions of your job, please contact supervisor so that we may engage in the interactive process with you and find a reasonable accommodation
- Public retail store setting taking care of our customers; all public areas are climate controlled; some stock rooms may not be climate controlled; some outdoor work if assigned to retrieve shopping carts or while unloading trucks; Frame shop contains glass cutter and heat press ; work hours include nights, weekends and early mornings
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal requirements of the job.
To review a comprehensive list of benefits, please visit Michaels Benefits
CA, CO, CT, WA, RI and select New York cities only - To review pay ranges for the position you are applying for, please visit Michaels Pay Ranges - CA, CO, CT, WA, RI, and select New York cities only.
Michaels is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with this commitment, Michaels will assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if a reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the job, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-642-4235 (1800-MICHAEL).
Similar jobs near me
- Network System Administrator: Roles and Responsibilities
- Peculiarities of Network Architect's Career Path and Training
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator: Way to Success
- Network Systems Administrator: The Key to Successful Career
- Revealing the Potential Earnings of a Computer Systems Network Administrator: An Inside Look