Lead Registered Nurse Evaluator (Hybrid Remote-Central Region, NY)
Maximus is currently hiring for a Lead Registered Nurse (RN) Evaluator! The incumbent in this position is a subject matter expert on the CANS-NY regarding HCBS/LOC eligibility assessment for C-YES and serves as a role model, mentor, and resource for the Nurse Evaluators, as well as conducting assessments. This position supports an assigned RNM and provides leadership. This is a hybrid-remote full time position that will require some travel throughout an assigned region in Central New York.
- Performs in-home and telehealth evaluations of patients that includes evaluation of pediatric consumers with a Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED) diagnosis or Medical Fragility (MF) diagnosis ages 0-21 years.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with consumers, caregivers, and all providers
- Maintains updated knowledge of the UAS-NY CANS HCBS/LOC Assessment process.
- Review's consumer supporting documentation and/or referral forms, as relevant to the consumer case.
- Enters evaluation data into the electronic HCBS/LOC Eligibility assessment.
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of the HCBS/LOC Eligibility Assessment.
- Documents any concerns, conflicting information, or other issues that surface during the evaluation process.
- Emphasizes continuity of care, thus reducing or eliminating fragmentation, duplication, and gaps in Plan of Care.
- Facilitates, mentors, and assists new C-YES Nurse Evaluators to meet the essential functions of the Nurse Evaluator role.
- Conducts C-YES appointment visits with new Nurse Evaluators to provide demonstration and education. Instructs, demonstrates, observes assessment skills and techniques, and provides feedback to the Regional Nurse Manager.
- Maintains and meets/exceeds set productivity standards.
- Raises issues of concern and training needs to the Regional Nurse
- Assists the Regional Nurse Manager in providing assessment guidance to team members
- Assists with training of new Nurse Evaluators and refresher trainings as assigned for existing nurses.
- Provides technical leadership to assigned staff.
- Identifies areas in need of improvement and assists Nurse Evaluator and RNM in creating a plan to enhance skills.
- Notifies Regional Nurse Manager of any delays or problems related to achieving an orientee's goals as soon as identified to ensure immediate intervention for optimal success.
- Serves as a resource by guiding new team members to appropriate resource materials.
- Nurtures, supports, and guides new and current team members through mentoring.
- Meets all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria for this position.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Regional Nurse Manager.
- Ability to review CANS HCBS/LOC questions and complete person-centered assessments and plans of care
- Ability to work with technology remotely
- Knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of general professional nursing
- Knowledge of state and agency laws and regulations governing general professional nursing practices
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with pediatric consumers 0-21 years of age
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the concerns of others
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
- Possess a strong ability to work independently
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current RN Licensure in New York State
- 2+ years relevant experience as an RN
- Active New York State Driver's License
- Ability to travel within the state of New York, as assigned
- BSN in Nursing and/or equivalent certification
- 1 year RN experience with Pediatrics and Behavioral Health
- Previous experience in precepting
- 6 months experience with HCBS/LOC assessment
Home Office Requirements:
- Maximus provides company-issued computer equipment
- Reliable high-speed internet service
- Minimum 20 Mpbs download speeds/50 Mpbs for shared internet connectivity
- Minimum 5 Mpbs upload speeds
#MaxNYIA #NYIAIPP #HybridRemoteCareers #WFH #RemoteJobs #Hybrid #NewYork #NewYorkCity #NewYorkJobsHiring #RegisteredNurse #RN #CRNA #CNA #LPN #BSN #JobsForNursingMajors #HBCS #LOC #CANS #CYES #NurseAssessor #AssessmentEvaluator #TracelJobs #InHomeCare #CarePlanAssessor #CareTeam #NursingMentor #RNManager #NurseManager #EligibilityAssessor #ProfessionalNurse #NurseSupervisor #CommunityHealthNurse #ClinicalLiaison #StaffNurse #HealthServiscesAdministratorMAXIMUS Introduction
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.EEO StatementActive military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We are proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.Pay TransparencyMaximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation.Posted MaxUSD $98,000.00/Yr.Posted MinUSD $84,000.00/Yr.Employment Type: FULL_TIME