Emerald is seeking a Financial Analyst to support our Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team. As a key member of the FP&A team, the Financial Analyst will be involved in all aspects of the Emerald financial planning and analysis function with focus on operational and analytical reporting, budget and rolling forecast cycles, financial consolidation, and various planning and analytical initiatives.
The Financial Analyst supports a large portfolio of event and content brands at Emerald and partners closely with Finance Managers, Finance Directors, and internal business partners. Proactivity, initiative, and ownership are essential to success on this team, and a confident, analytical, and inquisitive mindset is critical to this role’s ability to ask the right questions, investigate anomalies to resolution, and engage in meaningful conversations with all levels and roles across the business. This position offers the opportunity to contribute directly to the success of the business units it supports, and offers growth and advancement opportunities for those seeking a long-term impact.
This role is based in our NYC office on a hybrid schedule.
- Support the annual budget and consolidation process
- Monthly financial forecast consolidation and variance analysis of results
- Manage month-end close process/accruals working closely with various departments
- Development of robust sales reporting and analytics for Emerald Tradeshows and Other Marketing Services
- Create show analytics and KPI’s
- Support M&A integration
- Manage and present pricing proposals for Tradeshow and Conference events
- Special projects as assigned
- BS/BA in Finance/Accounting
- 3+ years experience in corporate/operations finance role that demonstrates financial modeling, reporting, and deep analytical capabilities
- Experience working in a public company preferred
- Expert level in Excel required
- Ability to effectively navigate common ERP systems (SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Epicor, JDE); Hyperion Planning experience a major plus
- Exposure to data mining and working with large and complex data sets
- Ability to accept and integrate feedback with a positive attitude
- Strong at execution with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and operate effectively in a cross-functional team environment
To support our commitment to provide a healthy and safe work environment we require all of our team members to have received the COVID-19 vaccine. We utilize CLEAR as our verification partner.
Emerald’s talented and experienced teams grow our customers’ businesses 365 days a year with products that create connections, deliver content, and drive commerce. We produce over 140 annual events, create and deliver content through print and digital channels, and power commerce through our seamlessly integrated in-person and digital platforms and channels. For more information, please visit http://www.emeraldx.com.
At Emerald, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive community. We actively recruit and champion candidates who bring new perspectives from varied professional backgrounds and experiences, and we are intentional about ensuring a positive hiring experience for everyone. Our job postings don’t contain experience inflation, and most don’t require college degrees. Instead, they’re crafted to focus on outcomes and transferable experiences that are assessed in a structured interview process carried out by trained hiring teams.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Target Compensation: $80,000-100,000
Please note that this range reflects a reasonable estimate of the target compensation for this position. This range may ultimately vary based on a candidate’s qualifications and may be higher where required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive benefits package designed to strengthen our employees’ physical and mental health, including unlimited vacation for exempt employees, flexible working locations, 401(k) plan with a company match, medical/dental/vision coverage with inclusive provisions including transgender services and fertility benefits, parental and caregiver leave, dependent, commuter and FSA benefits, professional development programs like Toastmasters, and mental wellness tools such as the Headspace app and weekly guided meditation programs.
If you need accommodation in our application process or have questions about our posted salary range, please email our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]