Emerald is seeking an Operations Director to support the launch a new brand, in collaboration with an industry leader, focused on professional Basketball lifestyle and culture. The goal of this brand is to create the leading consumer basketball event and digital platform both in the US and internationally. This role will own strategic decisions on all event operations/logistical efforts.
The Operations Director is responsible for ensuring all event operations are developed with a strategic and tactical operational plan and managed and executed efficiently and cost-effectively to exceed expectations for our internal and external customers. As a partner to the Brand VP, the Operations Director will be responsible for delivering a strong exhibitor and attendee experience.
The Operations Director must be an experienced, highly motivated, and organized leader who can work quickly and efficiently to develop and implement an event strategy. Emerald is looking to develop a leading B2C brand and is eager to engage with candidates who are passionate about basketball and providing innovative solutions with a love of building and creating unique experiences. The best candidates will be highly accountable and action-oriented, with the ability to pivot quickly to drive the success of a new launch, while demonstrating Emerald’s values of agility, excellence, and commitment.
This position can be performed from any of our US-based offices or remotely from anywhere within the US.
- Direct strategic overall plan of operations and lead detailed execution for assigned events pre-staging, onsite, and post-staging, collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure successful staging
- Develop and manage event budget to maximize event value proposition and brand objectives, including month-end reporting and budget revisions, while maintaining P&L responsibility
- Create RFP’s, review and analyze proposals, and negotiate and oversee management of ancillary vendor contracts
- Budget, negotiate, and oversee management of vendor relationships, including Housing and F&B
- Develop event floor plans and overall onsite wayfinding strategy with Sales and Marketing teams and GSC to optimize customer experience
- Lead the planning and execution of show design concepts and event graphics to enhance the brand experience
- Develop and lead exhibitor initiatives, including development and management of Exhibitor Service Manual, to enhance exhibitor experience throughout the customer journey
- Oversee sponsorship fulfillment; create and manage sponsorship P&Ls
- Perform site inspections for assigned events as necessary
- Demonstrated success ideating and executing strategic operating plans for large-scale consumer events or festivals
- Demonstrated success leading and internal/external partners to stage events
- Proven experience creating, managing, and adhering to budgets
- Ability to effectively enter, manipulate, manage, and perform basic analysis of data using the Microsoft Office Suite and SmartSheet
- Experience in leading support staff and leading/managing external partners
- Ability to effectively communicate with, influence, and manage Executive-level customers
- Proactive, independent work style that demonstrates the ability to effectively prioritize, multitask, and identify potential challenge areas with limited oversight for multiple event timelines
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Degree not required
To support our commitment to provide a healthy and safe work environment we require all of our team members to have received the COVID-19 vaccine. We utilize CLEAR as our verification partner.
Emerald’s talented and experienced teams grow our customers’ businesses 365 days a year with products that create connections, deliver content, and drive commerce. We produce over 140 annual events, create and deliver content through print and digital channels, and power commerce through our seamlessly integrated in-person and digital platforms and channels. For more information, please visit http://www.emeraldx.com.
At Emerald, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive community. We actively recruit and champion candidates who bring new perspectives from varied professional backgrounds and experiences, and we are intentional about ensuring a positive hiring experience for everyone. Our job postings don’t contain experience inflation, and most don’t require college degrees. Instead, they’re crafted to focus on outcomes and transferable experiences that are assessed in a structured interview process carried out by trained hiring teams.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Target Compensation: $110,000 - $115,000 (Bonus Eligible)
Please note that this range reflects a reasonable estimate of the target compensation for this position. This range may ultimately vary based on a candidate’s qualifications and may be higher where required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive benefits package designed to strengthen our employees’ physical and mental health, including unlimited vacation for exempt employees, flexible working locations, 401(k) plan with a company match, medical/dental/vision coverage with inclusive provisions including transgender services and fertility benefits, parental and caregiver leave, dependent, commuter and FSA benefits, professional development programs like Toastmasters, and mental wellness tools such as the Headspace app and weekly guided meditation programs.
If you need accommodation in our application process or have questions about our posted salary range, please email our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]