Emerald is seeking an Operations Manager to support the launch a new brand, in collaboration with an industry leader, focused on professional Basketball lifestyle and culture. The goal of this brand is to create the leading consumer basketball event and digital platform both in the US and internationally. This role will support and own day to day decisions on all event operation/logistical efforts.
The Operations Manager is a collaborative organizer who frequently leads interactions with both internal and external partners to manage spending, contracts, onsite logistics, and show collateral, and ensures all relevant parties are kept informed of the multitude of moving parts necessary to successfully execute events. Onsite, the Operations Manager is responsible for managing all operational aspects as well as maintaining relationships with onsite partners and Emerald personnel. Working in partnership with the Brand VP and Operations Director, this role will be instrumental in delivering an exceptional experience to exhibitors and attendees.
The Operations Manager is a highly motivated, organized, and collaborative leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Emerald is looking to develop a leading B2C brand and is eager to engage with candidates who are passionate about basketball and providing innovative solutions with a love of building and creating unique experiences. The best candidates will be highly accountable and action-oriented, with the ability to pivot quickly to drive the success of a new launch, while demonstrating Emerald’s values of agility, excellence, and commitment.
This position can be performed from any of our US-based offices or remotely from anywhere within the US.
- Manage the planning and execution of all assigned events from pre-event planning through post-event assessment
- Develop event production timelines and ensure tasks are completed in adherence to timelines
- Develop, monitor, maintain event budgets and expenses, including recommending cost savings measures directly related to operating expenses, managing monthly and year-end accruals and reclassing expenses, maintaining payment schedules and deposits, and processing vendor invoices for payment
- Create RFP’s, review and analyze proposals, and negotiate and manage ancillary vendor contracts (including reviewing and assisting with the implementation of facility and hotel contracts)
- Submit and monitor exhibit hall, registration, and special event floor plans, including coordinating all expo logistics, show design concepts, and signage with General Service Contractor
- Collaborate with housing and venue partners
- Develop Operations’ post-event assessment, including financial reporting
- Demonstrated success executing the production of large-scale, partner-supported B2C events
- Proven experience in creating, maintaining, and adhering to budgets
- Experience in leading support staff and leading/managing external partners
- Ability to effectively enter, manipulate, manage, and perform basic analysis of data using the Microsoft Office Suite and SmartSheet
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize/multitask while managing multiple event timelines
- Proactive, independent work style that demonstrates the ability to effectively prioritize, multitask, and identify potential challenge areas with limited oversight for multiple event timelines
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Degree not required
To support our commitment to provide a healthy and safe work environment we require all of our team members to have received the COVID-19 vaccine. We utilize CLEAR as our verification partner.
Emerald’s talented and experienced teams grow our customers’ businesses 365 days a year with products that create connections, deliver content, and drive commerce. We produce over 140 annual events, create and deliver content through print and digital channels, and power commerce through our seamlessly integrated in-person and digital platforms and channels. For more information, please visit http://www.emeraldx.com.
At Emerald, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive community. We actively recruit and champion candidates who bring new perspectives from varied professional backgrounds and experiences, and we are intentional about ensuring a positive hiring experience for everyone. Our job postings don’t contain experience inflation, and most don’t require college degrees. Instead, they’re crafted to focus on outcomes and transferable experiences that are assessed in a structured interview process carried out by trained hiring teams.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Target Compensation: $70,000 - $75,000 (Bonus Eligible)
Please note that this range reflects a reasonable estimate of the target compensation for this position. This range may ultimately vary based on a candidate’s qualifications and may be higher where required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive benefits package designed to strengthen our employees’ physical and mental health, including unlimited vacation for exempt employees, flexible working locations, 401(k) plan with a company match, medical/dental/vision coverage with inclusive provisions including transgender services and fertility benefits, parental and caregiver leave, dependent, commuter and FSA benefits, professional development programs like Toastmasters, and mental wellness tools such as the Headspace app and weekly guided meditation programs.
If you need accommodation in our application process or have questions about our posted salary range, please email our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]