Emerald is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative and logistical support to two Executives in our New York City office.
The Executive Assistant must possess excellent organizational skills, have experience managing multiple projects, and superb interpersonal skills to interface with every level of the organization, particularly at the Executive level. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for delivering a high standard of administrative support including managing calendars and meetings and receiving incoming calls, mail, and correspondence.
The Executive Assistant must take the initiative to anticipate and resolve scheduling conflicts as they arise and prioritize issues. The Executive Assistant will also need excellent communication skills to create materials and presentations accurately and effectively and to set agendas and respond to calendar changes, acting as an interface between the company and outside contacts. The candidate must maintain confidentiality, be adaptive to constant change, and be able to exercise good judgment and initiative. The ideal candidate will have a strong, positive, results-driven work ethic.
- Provide complete, timely, and proactive administrative support for multiple senior executives
- Manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of senior level executives, with every level of the organization including other executives and Board Members
- Manage complex calendars and schedule meetings with internal and external parties over various domestic and international time zones
- Book all business travel and manages highly detailed travel itineraries
- Assist in preparation of presentations and other materials for use in meetings, including developing materials in Excel and PowerPoint
- Manage expense reports in Concur
- Assist external Board members and other senior staff with travel arrangements and trade show access
- Provide support for meetings including securing conference rooms, ordering and setup of catering, copies of material, etc.
- Assist other senior staff as needed
- Maintains confidentiality in handling highly sensitive information
- Demonstrated track record of success as an Executive Assistant to senior level management in a professional corporate environment
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong independent decision-making capability and sound judgment
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional maturity, with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to simplify complexity and communicate professionally on behalf of senior leadership
- A team player who can work collaboratively with team members at all levels
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of response on behalf of senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in an extremely fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- High level of PC proficiency with excellent Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work overtime and outside of regular business hours, when needed
To support our commitment to provide a healthy and safe work environment we require all of our team members to have received the COVID-19 vaccine. We utilize CLEAR as our verification partner.
Emerald’s talented and experienced teams grow our customers’ businesses 365 days a year with products that create connections, deliver content, and drive commerce. We produce over 140 annual events, create and deliver content through print and digital channels, and power commerce through our seamlessly integrated in-person and digital platforms and channels. For more information, please visit http://www.emeraldx.com.
At Emerald, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive community. We actively recruit and champion candidates who bring new perspectives from varied professional backgrounds and experiences, and we are intentional about ensuring a positive hiring experience for everyone. Our job postings don’t contain experience inflation, and most don’t require college degrees. Instead, they’re crafted to focus on outcomes and transferable experiences that are assessed in a structured interview process carried out by training hiring teams.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Target Compensation: $85,000-$100,000 Annually
Please note that this range reflects a reasonable estimate of the target compensation for this position. This range may ultimately vary based on a candidate’s qualifications and may be higher where required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive benefits package designed to strengthen our employees’ physical and mental health, including unlimited vacation for exempt employees, flexible working locations, 401(k) plan with a company match, medical/dental/vision coverage with inclusive provisions including transgender services and fertility benefits, parental and caregiver leave, dependent, commuter and FSA benefits, professional development programs like Toastmasters, and mental wellness tools such as the Headspace app and weekly guided meditation programs.
If you need accommodation in our application process or have questions about our posted salary range, please email our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]