Field Service Tech - Remote
At ProMach, we’re looking for people who want to shine. You’ll have opportunities to take your career in the direction you desire. You can be creative. Strategic. Persuasive. Influential. Meticulous. A technical enthusiast. A closer. A futurist.
ProMach offers rewarding, challenging opportunities throughout the world, across multiple packaging segments. If you are energized by providing best-in-class customer experiences and strive for advanced technical skills, we want to talk to you.
Do we have your attention? Keep reading.
Pace Packaging is seeking a talented Field Service Technician to contribute to the success of the organization through technical field support to continue our strong customer loyalty and recognition as a leader in customer service. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent technical installation, start-up and troubleshooting skills.
Does this work interest you?
- Perform installation at customer location (electrical and mechanical) of Pace automated unscrambling machinery.
- Perform in-factory startup\commissioning of Pace machinery at customer location. The technician is required to troubleshoot and make adjustments in order to achieve the machine efficiency rates per the contract. Training plant personnel is required.
- Perform in-factory repair/servicing of Pace machinery at customer location. Services include troubleshooting machinery inefficiencies and making required adjustments, performing audits, installing upgrades, and follow-up operator training.
- Generate detailed service reports.
- Engage with customers in pursuit of aftermarket sales opportunities including machine upgrades or retrofits, additional service opportunities, and recommendations on stocked spare parts.
- Set up and testing of variable frequency drives, and servo controllers.
What’s in it for you?
There's no monopoly on good ideas or limits to how far you can advance with our team. We offer an open, communicative environment that fosters individual initiative. We pride ourselves in being a company where people choose to build a career and find professional happiness.
In addition to growth opportunities, as a ProMach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive medical/dental and well-being programs, as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, and a retirement savings plan with a company match. And because we understand the importance of feeling protected, there is no waiting period for benefits — you are eligible on your first day of employment!
If this sounds like you, we want to connect!
- High School Diploma, Associate's Degree in related technical field (mechanical and electrical) preferred.
- Strong mechanical and electrical background with custom machine start-up/repair/maintenance experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Allen Bradley Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Ability to read & understand engineering designs, including wiring schematics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software for technical reports and training requirements.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and a strong customer service focus to work toward getting a customer up and running as soon as possible.
- Good problem-solving skills and independent judgment.
- Ability to conduct a high level training program with customer personnel on equipment.
- Ability to work independently, maintain a positive attitude and work well with all levels of management and operators.
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time, both domestic and internationally.
Pro Mach, Inc.
We have been named to the Inc. 5,000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. seven times. We continue to introduce innovative products, enter new markets, expand our global presence, and actively acquire new capabilities.
We have the rewards, opportunities, and the market strengths of a large organization combined with the entrepreneurial culture of a small, fast-paced company. You will enjoy the benefits of working with a growing company that competes globally, with the personal touch and feel of a smaller company where you can make an impact every day.
Curious about life at ProMach? Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram!
More career opportunities to consider!
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- 3 year(s): Machine repair
- Technically Inclined
- Blueprint Reading
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help