Assistant Manager, Terminal Security Operations
Assistant Manager, Terminal Security Operations
United States, New York, New York
Corporate Real Estate
Ref #: 18173
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
Corporate Real Estate is seeking an Assistant Manager responsible for Security Operations at Delta's new terminal at LaGuardia airport. The Assistant Manager's primary responsibility is to assist the General Manager of Security Operations with ensuring compliance with all security regulations and requirements in the operation of Delta's new terminal at LaGuardia Airport. This position will require close coordination and collaboration with the rest of Delta's New York Terminal Operations and Airport Customer Service teams as well as with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ), Delta's partners, and other tenants operating within Delta's facilities at LGA. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for oversight of a team of contractors and vendors and shall provide day-to-day direction, supervision and support of Delta's operation.
The position will report directly to the General Manager of Security Operations at LaGuardia Airport Terminal C and will be based in New York.
- Employs best methods for sourcing, contracting, and managing security contracts in support of Delta's facilities in New York, and will ensure compliance with all Delta, Port Authority, TSA and FAA policies and procedures.
- Is and remains up to date on the latest security requirements and initiatives to ensure security and stability of Delta's operations
- Maintains effective relationships with internal customers to understand operational requirements, customer service aspects and financial information to drive best business decisions and negotiating posture with the airports.
- Coordinates and manages vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers to ensure a resilient and reliable 24/7/365 operation
- Acts as primary point of contact for security management and response.
- Assists with oversight of the security badging operation
- Develops and reviews budgets, business cases, schedules, timelines, reports and briefing and financial support for Delta operations
- Limited travel as required to complete projects and manage relationships external to New York.
- Leads through demonstration of Delta's core values
- Works with team members to develop behaviors, skills and knowledge needed to ensure optimal performance.
- Develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and wellbeing. Life at Delta: A career at Delta not only gives you a chance to see the world, but we also provide excellent benefits to help you keep climbing along the way Delta proudly provides a competitive salary, industry leading profit sharing and 401(k) with generous direct contribution and company match. All employees are offered comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life benefits. Delta also believes in providing a detailed wellness plan that recognizes the importance physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing. Our employees are also able to take advantage of Domestic and International flight privileges.
The estimated salary for this position is $88000 - $110000
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
- Embraces a diverse set of people, thinking and styles.
- Demonstrates that privacy is a priority when handling personal data.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in current position.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally in public situations and to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Experience in developing requests for proposals and contracts greater than $10 million.
- Must perform with a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated negotiating and relationship management skills.
- Must possess strong management, procedure and protocol development and financial analysis skills.
- Familiarity with Lenel and Verint systems
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the field of security operations and management, preferably in the aviation industry
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- Bachelor of Science degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, business or related field strongly preferred.
Delta Air Lines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings through this site, apply for jobs through Delta's online system, or at any point in the selection process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please click here